Cocoa powder is a wonderful ingredient that can be used to make some of the most delicious treats in the world! But it’s not just food consumption that cocoa is good for. Health benefits aside, cocoa has some other real-world practicalities that may surprise you!
In this article, we are going to explore things that you can make with cocoa powder, and how to use it to make the most out of it!
Read on if you’d like to know more…
How to use cocoa powder?
First and foremost, cocoa powder is a superfood ingredient. It can be added to a wide variety of dishes to give them extra flavour, bring them to life, or even make them bearable. That’s right, cocoa in a smoothie can be the one thing that makes it worth drinking! Sure, it’s nice drinking a healthy smoothie, but who wants to gulp down blended carrot and celery without a touch of cocoa to liven it up a bit!?
What can I make with cocoa powder, I hear you ask? Well, cocoa can be used as a beverage, and additive to other beverages, and it can also be added to other foods such as biscuits, ice cream, and cakes. There are also some strange uses for cocoa that may surprise you, which we will get to shortly.
Things to make with cocoa powder
You may recognise cocoa powder from such hits as: delicious chocolate brownies and apples dipped in chocolate! But what else can you make with cocoa powder?
There are so many things that you can use to make with cocoa powder, and here are just a handful of them to give you some ideas…
- Hot chocolate (a delightful late-night beverage during the winter)
- Mug cakes (mugs filled hot chocolate and crushed biscuits)
- Oatmeal (can be terribly boring without any delicious additives to brighten it up)
- Chocolate cupcakes (are simply amazing, aren’t they?)
- A desert smoothie (swap out the boring healthy stuff and have a full-blown desert smoothie with chocolate, berries, and cream)!
- Dark chocolate truffles (for when you need a healthy yet sumptuous treat)
- Chocolate bread (better than it sounds)
- Chocolate and Mocha pancakes (cocoa blends wonderfully with coffee)
- Frozen berries dipped in chocolate (save a tonne of money and make your own)
- Homemade Oreos (they taste even better)!
- Homemade confectionary
- So much more!
Surprising things to make with cocoa powder:
- Dry shampoo (It sounds mental, but cocoa can actually be used as a dry shampoo with a number of benefits)
- Makeup (sure it might sound gross, but cocoa is cheaper than that bronzer of yours and deffo worth a try)
- Facemasks (What could be better than having the smell of chocolate on your face while you reap the beneficial rewards)?
Cocoa powder really is a super food and can be used to make your food so much more delicious. It is perfect for those who want to try their hand at baking! You can’t give baking a go and not make some delicious chocolate cupcakes, after all…
But it’s not just about flavour. Cocoa has so many health benefits that when consumed in a reasonable amount, can enrich your life significantly.
If you’d like to get your hands on some, then try ISM Food Products. They have some of the finest cocoa available on the market at the moment.
In any case, we wish you the best of luck as you explore the boundless cocoa recipes online. You’re in for a treat!